If you need volunteers to help your organisation, then tell us!
- We will ask you to complete a registration form, giving us details of your organisation and explaining the tasks you would like the volunteer to do
- You will also be asked to write a brief advertisement for your opportunity, which will be broadcast on Do-It.org.uk, the National Volunteering Website, in our bi-monthly Current Vacancies sheet and sometimes in ‘The News’. We cannot guarantee to fill your vacancy but we will make sure lots of people hear about it.
- Advice is always on hand for those with little or no experience of working with volunteers and who need guidance on issues like expenses, references, insurance and general good practices.
We can help with:
- Deciding if volunteers would make a difference to your organisation
- Planning their role in the organisation
- Recruiting & selecting volunteers
- Dealing with Disclosures
- How to manage volunteers so that they stay
- How to develop volunteers so that they can contribute fully
- Finding, and in some cases delivering, training that is relevant to volunteers and voluntary organisations
- Keeping you up-to-date with legal requirements for managing volunteers
- Campaigning for changes in Government Policy effecting volunteering
- Raising awareness about the benefits and opportunities created by volunteering