Our decorating service can offer you:
- Inside painting and decorating
- External painting [ground floor and during summer months only]
Our handy person service can offer:
- Building shelves
- Putting up curtain rails
- Mending fences
- Installing grab rails
- Installing stair rails
- Repairing doors/windows/guttering
- Putting up pictures
- Installing chair raisers
- Minor plumbing repairs: Tap washers & Plumbing in washing machines
- Minor electrical work: Wiring plugs, Changing light bulbs & Changing flexes
Work we do not offer:
- Changing/fitting security alarms
- Fitting fire alarms
- Replacing sockets
Who does the work?
Agency based workers and volunteers – References will have already been taken up and a police check carried out. We will make sure that they are reliable, honest and trustworthy as well as good practical workers. They will carry GVA Identity cards. This should remove the concern that you might be allowing strange people or “cowboys” into your home.
Quality of work
Our decorating and DIY Taskforce are seldom professional, however, they are people with relevant experience and good DIY skills, who are prepared to offer the type of help that one good neighbour would give another.
How much the service cost?
We do ask a fee towards the cost of the service and it is essential that you are able to supply the materials beforehand, or alternatively give the decorator/handy person the money to purchase any items before the work begins. Agency based workers have been instructed not to buy any materials without first agreeing the cost and receiving the money.
- £6.50 per person per hour
- Maximum of one room per 3 month period
- £6.50 per month administration fee – not applicable if receiving the Dustbusters Service
An estimate of the number of hours it will take to finish the work will be given. Please let him/her know how much you can afford to spend before they start the work.
Who is eligible?
- It is accredited for older people who are living in the Borough of Gosport, disabled or frail and unable to do their own decorating etc.
What happens next?
- Ring us and give us your details on 023 9260 1314 / 023 9250 3871
- You will then receive a form to complete with details of the work required
You will notice that you will need to sign the form twice, once when you sign the statement to say that you have read this information and that you accept that it is not a professional service and secondly to say that you are satisfied with the work once completed. We cannot proceed with the work until we have your first signature.
As we rely on locally based workers and volunteers to provide this service, it may not be possible to do your work immediately. We will add your name to our waiting list and then contact you when someone is free to help.
If you would like to help with this service do not hesitate to contact us
on 023 9260 1314 / 023 9250 3871