A non-profit making Domestic Care Service
What does the service provide?
We take special care
- All our Domestic Assistants have been chosen for their caring attitude and appreciation of the needs of mature citizens. They have submitted two references and have been police vetted
- Domestic Assistants attend an Induction session where their responsibilities are clearly stated to them
- Each customer is eligible for a minimum of one hour per week. The service manager will visit the customer to discuss the working agreement, prior to the Domestic Assistants starting work
- Occasional absence by the Domestic Assistants will only be covered subject to availability of a temporary replacement
- For holiday cover relief Domestic Assistants will be provided, subject to the availability of temporary replacements
- Our aim is to offer a flexible service tailored to the individual need of our customer
- Our Domestic Assistants provide this service Monday to Friday with the exception of Bank Holidays
- For your safety, all of our domestic assistants will carry GVA identity cards
- All you have to provide is the required equipment and cleaning materials
- We ask you to inform us if you are going away on holiday or have hospital visits
- Responsibility for any accidental damage lies with the customer
A payment of £6.30 per hour to be paid directly to the Assistant at the end of each visit – a receipt will be issued.
To ensure a continuous and reliable service to our customers we charge an administration fee of £9.50 per month. Payment can be returned by post or paid by standing order at the reduced price of £9.00 if preferred. This charge also enables us to recruit.
Who is eligible?
- It is accredited for older people who are living in the Borough of Gosport, disabled or frail and unable to do their own housework or shopping
- Referrals can be made through GPs, District Nurses, Wardens of sheltered housing as well as Social Services
- You may also personally request the service
- Confidentiality concerning the customer’s circumstances will be respected
Monitoring and Explaining our Services
We will be delighted to hear from you about our service and can provide details of our other services that may be of help to you. We have a complaints procedure so that any cause for concern may be expressed in the strictest confidence.
Do not hesitate to contact us on 023 9260 1314/023 9250 3871