Getting to the grass roots of Gosport
What does the service provide?
- General gardening work
- Mowing and hoeing
- Light pruning and hedge trimming
Who is eligible for the service?
- It is accredited for older people who are living in the Borough of Gosport, disabled or frail and unable to do their own gardening
Major work may require special expertise that we may not be able to provide.
You will need to provide:
All tools/equipment in good working order.
What happens next?
If you would like to use this service:
- Ring us on 023 9260 1314 or 023 9250 3871 to give us your details
- You will then receive a letter and form to complete with full details of the work required
- When you return the form, we will add your name to our waiting list and then contact you as soon as a gardener becomes available
Who does the work?
- Agency based workers
- Volunteers recruited through Gosport Voluntary Action – all our gardeners are police checked
- For your safety, all of our workers will carry GVA identity cards
How much does the service cost?
- £6.50 per hour per person
- Maximum three hours per week
- £6.50 per month administration fee – not applicable if receiving the Dustbusters Service
If you would like to help with this service do not hesitate to contact us
on 023 9260 1314 / 023 9250 3871